What Does an Oxygen Absorber Do?
Oxygen Absorbers designed to remove unwanted oxygen inside a packaged environment. Removing the oxygen protects dry food
from developing insects or growing mold or fungi. Oxygen absorbers are safe and easy to use with food products such as dried
meats, baked goods, dried spices, bulk foods and other foodstuffs. Use inside a mylar bag or foil pouch to preserve the food for
long term food storage.
Oxygen Absorber Advantages:
• Lowers oxygen levels to less than 0.01%
• Maintains product freshness
• Extends product shelf life
• FDA GRAS Rated: safe for use with food and food related products
• Prevents mold, mildew and bacteria from forming
• Safe & easy to use
With relatively strong capacity of oxygen and carbon dioxide absorption, it will satisfy the requirement of keeping freshness on a
wide variety of food products. By effectively removing oxygen and carbon dioxide and create a O2 & CO2-free environment in a
sealed package, it will keep the freshness, original taste and color of foodstuff, and prevent it from staling, oxidative rancidity,
growth of mold, aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms. It will also effectively prevent the development of corrosion, rustiness, and
the growth of mold on sealed clothing, instrument, etc.
1. Freshness preservation of perishable food.
2. Prevent dried meat and fish product from the development of mold, oil oxidation, rancidity, and staling.
3. Protect dehydrated fruits and vegetables against moth, growth of mold, color degradation, and oxidative rancidity.
4. Maintain the quality and flavor of pharmaceutical products and suppress the growth of moth, mould and microorganisms.
5. Preserve the quality of tea, tobacco, grain, leather, etc.
6. Achieve rust-proof of metal, long-term preservation of antique, and other valuable instrument.
How do I know if the Absorbers are good?
1. Check if the pack is vacuum sealed. The best way to identify if our product is good or not is if the original master bag is in a
vacuum sealed condition. If it is no longer in vacuum condition, it is bad and can be returned. How to see if it is in vacuum
condition? Using two fingers hold a corner of the master vacuum bag and see if the sachets inside the bag can move freely. If so, it
means it is no longer in vacuum condition. If not, it means it is still in good vacuum condition.
2. Check the color inside the individual absorber sachets. After you open the absorber sachet and see the powder inside, if the
powder is in black, it means the powder is in good condition. If the powder has some reddish color on it, it means the iron has been
oxidized more or less. The more red color in it, the more oxidization it has, and the less suitable to be used. We pack our sachet
with extra capacity in a way that, it will compensate the capacity loss (iron being oxidized) during its shelf life. At the end of its shelf
life, the powder should be black or only very little reddish.
Indicators if the Oxygen Absorbers are Good;
1. Vacuum sealed pack: The best way to know if your oxygen absorbers are good or fresh is if they are in vacuum sealed bag. All
our oxygen absorbers are prepackaged and vacuum sealed in bag at the manufacturers factory. If the bag is still vacuum sealed by
the time you need to use the absorbers than it is safe to say they are still fresh.
2. Pink oxygen indicators in the bag: In every pack of oxygen absorbers an "Oxy Eye" or pink tab is included. If the indicator is pink
it means the absorbers inside the bag are fresh. If the indicator is a dark lavender or purple then it means the packaging has been
compromised allowing new air to enter the bag and spoil the absorbers.
3. Cut a sachet open and see what color it is: The contents inside a fresh
oxygen absorber should be a dark, rich brown or black. If the contents are
light color or grey inside it means the sachet has already absorbed oxygen.
NOT Indicators if the Oxygen Absorbers are Good;
There are a few misconceptions regarding oxygen absorbers and how you can tell if they are good. Here are the two most common
that do not mean an absorbers is not fresh or working properly;
1. Oxygen absorber sachets not heating up: Our absorber contains iron powder, which is oxidized when exposed to air. There are
two different mechanisms of oxidization. One is by chemical reaction, which generates lots of heat. Another is by electrochemical
reaction, which does not generate much heat. The two mechanisms are working at the same time. Different formula may have
different weight of one mechanism than the other. A small sachet (such as 100cc) does not contain the amount of powder and
surface area (amount of air exposed) to be oxidized to generate similar amount of heat than a big sachet (such as 2000cc) does.
Therefore it is very unreliable to judge the sachet's quality by feeling its heat.
2. Mylar bag did not shrink around the contents inside: An oxygen absorbers job is to absorb the O2 inside the bag, although air is
only made up of 20% oxygen. The other 78% is nitrogen and the remaining 2% other gases & water vapor. Therefore it is
impossible for the oxygen absorber to absorb all the air left in a properly sealed bag since most of the air is not oxygen. However
void of oxygen the air left inside your bag becomes useless for mold, bugs, and other microorganisms to grow and spoil the
• Size: 20cc to 2000cc
• Capacity: 20cc - 30000cc
• Type: Desiccant-like oxygen absorber (also called oxygen scavenger)
• Function: Absorb both O2 & CO2, also absorbs moisture
• Contents: Iron-based formula
• Construction: Oil-proof packet.
|Mylar Bags Wholesale
Stock Wholesale Pricing & Custom Quotes
Mylar Bags - Oxygen Absorbers - Custom Barrier Bags - Printed Bags - Mylar Bag Sealers - Vacuum Sealer Rolls - Vacuum Sealer Bags - Vacuum Sealers
(760) 961- 4317 email@example.com